It’s back! It’s here! The Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League has returned!
After a pre season of transfers, national humiliation at AFCON 2017 and pretending that pre-season friendlies actually matter, the Zimbabwen top-flight kicks back into gear this weekend.
And what a season 2017 promises to be. Since the end of the last campaign, so much has changed, players have moved between clubs, Foreign players will be in the league and so much more.
All of which means we are 100 per cent sure the following things are all definitely going to happen…
1. There will now be 9 matches every Matchday fixture list
2. Every single person will get confused between the Castle Premiership and the Castle Cup.
3. The one-man kick-offs we first saw at the Euros and AFCON will freak everyone out.
4. The introduction of Friday Night football will give more excitement to the fans
5. Dynamos will more than once say they are rebuilding
6. CAPS United will continue telling us they are taking a proffessional look
7. Prophet Walter Magaya will feature dominantly at Yadah FC …. Annointing accessories!
8. At least a coach will be sacked within the first 10 matchdays
9. Referees will be blamed for bias and poor officiating
10. Chaos will reign in relegation criteria – safest zone should be top eight.
11. Bantu Rovers will field 15-16 year old youngsters
13. Some Teams will choke to prevailing cash crisis
14. Players will strike for non payment of salaries and allowances
15. Players will move to foreign leagues. Who will go first?
16. CHAN tournament will make stiff competition for the league.
17. The battle of Zimbabwe will be intense – the Mutuma factor.
18. History and logic says FC Platinum will continue their fine run, but will they win title this season? Only time will tell.
19. Dynamos, Highlanders and Caps United will define big matchdays. Will they provide moment of fleeting greatness?
20. One team will win the 2017 league title