Highlanders left it late to secure a victory against TelOne in a Match-day 26 encounter played at Barbourfields Stadium on Sunday.

Brian Banda and Prince Dube scored inside the last six minutes of the game as Bosso won the encounter 2-0.

The hosts dominated possession for the majority of the game and created some good chances which could have broken the deadlock early. TelOne only controlled the opening minutes of the match, forcing two corner-kicks inside the first five minutes.

The Wifi Boys drew back in the following moments when Tshilamoya came knocking on the quarter-hour through Dube who had his two successive efforts going wide.

Ray Lunga also caused problems from the right flank while Banda got an opportunity just after the half-hour mark but struck over from inside the box.

The game went to the break goalless with Highlanders on top in terms of possession.

The hosts continued to waste chances in the second half with Lunga, Dube, Adrian Silla and substitute Peter Nyirenda all lacking precision in front of the goal.

TelOne, on their side, relied on sporadic raids and they never came alive after the break.

However, as the game seemed heading for a draw, Banda fired home from inside the box to break the deadlock in the 84th minute.

Dube followed up four minutes later to kill the contest from the spot as Highlanders cruise to another victory.

At National Sports Stadium, CAPS United restored their five-point lead at the top after beating Hwange 3-1.

The Green Machine are now on 50 points ahead of second-placed FC Platinum.

Joel Ngodzo gave the hosts an early lead in the 8th minute, converting from the spot following a foul on Phineas Bamusi inside the box.

Chipangano regrouped moments later and secured an equaliser through Enerst Gwatima on minute 27. They capitalised on a man advantage after Method Mwanjali had left the field injured.

United restored the lead on the stroke of half-time through Kelvin Ndebele whose long-range ball which looked like a cross beat the keeper.

The victory was sealed in the 76th minute when Ronald Chitiyo’s shot took a deflection on Felix Chindungwe’s foot on its way to the goal.

Elsewhere, Bulawayo Chiefs eased relegation woes after beating Triangle United 2-0.

Arthur Masiiwa and Hugh Chikosa scored in the first half as the Ninjas climbed to 15th place with 28 points.

Highlanders 2-0 Telone
Caps United 3-1 Hwange
Bulawayo Chiefs 2-0 Triangle United
Manica Diamonds 1-0 ZPC Kariba
Chapungu 1-1 Herentals