ZIFA has advertised the vacancy for the Warriors coaching job.
The association is looking for a substantive coach for the national team who will start working in early January.
Here is what ZIFA is considering from the potential applicants:
– Should be a holder of a CAF A Coaching Badge or equivalent.
– At least 10 years international football experience.
– Practical Knowledge of Zimbabwean and African football.
– Knowledge of English Language.
– Educational Background (A degree is an added advantage).
– Modern football analysis skills.
The coach’s responsibilities will be to:
– Observe and subject himself to the rules and regulations of ZIFA, COSAFA, CAF, FIFA or any other organization which ZIFA shall be a member.
– Give technical assistance to the team in a manner that is efficient, effective, professional and to the best of his ability in all material times.
– Attend all training sessions and soccer matches or other Association functions at all material times.
– Ensure that players adhere to the ZIFA code of conduct and conditions outlined in their contracts of engagement.
– Advise the Secretariat of the players he wishes to engage for every match.
– Recommend to the Chief Executive officer the appointment of members of his technical team.
– Ensure that the Senior team qualifies and excels for all major tournaments and assignments.
The Warriors have a busy schedule next year where they are playing in the 2021 African Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifiers, the 2022 World Cup qualifiers and the African Nations Championship (Chan) finals.