Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is hoping to draw level with Lionel Messi by winning the prestigious Ballon d’ Or award for the fifth time in his career
The award is given to best-performing football player around the world.
Here’s what you need to know ahead of the awards…
When is the Ballon d’Or?
The 62nd edition Ballon d’Or will be held in the Paris, France tomorrow evening at 20:45 CAT.
How to follow the Ballon d’Or
Kwese TV announced that they will broadcast the award ceremony on KS1 and KFS.
Who are the favourites for the 2017 Ballon D’Or?
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are the front runners on the 30-man shortlist released back in October. Other players in the contention include Sergio Ramos, Neymar, Gianluigi Buffon and Kevin de Bruyne.
How is the Ballon d’Or decided?
The award is organised by France Football magazine and the winners are decided by a group of 173 journalists from around the world.
The prestigious award has been won by either Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi for the past nine years. Kaka was the last man other than them to win the award back in 2007. There won’t be a traditional gala to celebrate the winner’s achievement.
2017 Ballon d’Or nominees:
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
- Edinson Cavani (PSG)
- Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Man City)
- David de Gea (Man Utd)
- Paulo Dybala (Juventus)
- Edin Dzeko (Roma)
- Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
- Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)
- Mats Hummels (Bayern Munich)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)
- Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
- Marcelo (Real Madrid)
- Dries Mertens (Napoli)
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Neymar (PSG)
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
- Luis Suarez (Barcelona)
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
- Leonardo Bonucci (AC Milan)
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG)
- Isco (Real Madrid)