ZIFA has announced the requirements for individuals or companies that are interested in becoming player agents/ intermediaries for 2017.
FIFA defines an Intermediary as “a natural or legal person who, for a fee or free of charge, represents players and/or clubs in negotiations with a view to concluding an employment contract or represents clubs in negotiations with a view to concluding a transfer agreement”
Among the requirements is 12 Months irrevocable bank guarantee of $15 000 from a reputable commercial bank in favour of ZIFA to be registered once accepted.
In addition the annual registration fee required is two thousand dollars (US$ 2 000) for individuals and three thousand dollars (US $ 3000) for companies while the application will cost $100 .
Application forms can be obtained at the ZIFA head office located at 160 enterprise road, Chisipite, Harare.
– Knowledge of FIFA Regulations on Working with Intermediaries
– Tertiary education certificate
– Police clearance as a test of good character and reputation
– 12 Months irrevocable bank guarantee of $15 000 from a reputable commercial bank in favour of ZIFA
– Completed application form and Intermediary declaration form
– Capacity to pay annual registration fees
– Previous experience as a player agent is added advantage