Ngezi Platinum bounced back to winning ways in style after thrashing Yadah 5-0 while second-placed FC Platinum also picked up a victory in the Castle Lager Premier Soccer League Match-day 10 played on Saturday.

Ngezi were held to a goalless draw in their last outing on Wednesday.

James Nguluve opened the scoring just after the quarter hour mark to put the hosts in the lead. Marlon Mushonga doubled the advantage in the 38th minute off an assist from Terrence Dzvukamanja.

Three minutes later, Dzvukamanja stretched the lead when he headed home Donald Teguru’s corner.

The visitors could have pulled one back on the stroke of half-time, but Johannes Sibanda hit the upright.

Ralph Matema was also denied by the woodwork two minutes into the second half.

However, things got worse for Yadah when Teguru made it four in the 57th minute. Dzvukamanja had a chance ten minutes later, but his shot was cleared off the line by Willard Kalongoda.

Nonetheless, Clive Augusto struck home in the added time to seal the victory for Madamburo.

In Harare, Gift Mbweti netted a late winner as FC Platinum edged out Herentals 2-1.

Mbweti found the back of the net with three minutes left on the clock.

The Students had grabbed the lead on the half hour through Juan Mutudza. Never Tigere equalised for the away team, moments before the break.

The victory put FC Platinum on 25 points.

Meanwhile, their keeper had to be taken to the hospital after he was injured in the first period.

At Barbourfields, Chicken Inn won 2-1 against Bulawayo City.

George Majika and Obadiah Tarumbwa were on target for the Gamecocks while City got its consolation from Nhlanhla Ndlovu.

James Chivasa scored the only goal of the match as Nichrut beat Chapungu 1-0.

The Airforce side’s keeper Talbert Shumba escaped punishment after he kicked a ball boy in the 81st minute and the referee failed to notice the incident.

Ngezi Platinum Stars 5-0 Yadah
Herentals 1-2 FC Platinum
Chicken Inn 2-1 Bulawayo City
Nichrut 1-0 Chapungu

Log Standings: