The Warriors will participate at the 2019 edition of the Cosafa Cup despite pulling out as hosts of the tournament.

Minister of Sports along with Zifa President Felton Kamambo told reporters on Monday that the event will not take place in the country as the announcement for the hosting rights was made at short notice. The regional football body had named Zimbabwe as the hosts last month, and the decision was only waiting for government approval.

Kamambo says they will bring the tournament back maybe in 2021 but has promised that the Warriors who are the reigning COSAFA champions will participate in this year tournament.

“As ZIFA, our team will participate in COSAFA wherever it’s going to be held. We will try and bid for the future hosting of COSAFA that is from maybe 2021 going forward so that we have enough time like the minister has said to prepare,” said Kamambo.

Zimbabwe last hosted the event in 2009 where they won the trophy after beating Zambia in the final.

Comments

comments


Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge

If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.