Highlanders progressed through to the Chibuku Super Cup semifinals after beating ten-man FC Platinum 3-0 in a match played at Barbourfields Stadium on Sunday.

Bosso got their goals from Prince Dube and Denzel Khumalo in first half before Tinashe Makanda sealed the victory late in the second period.

The Platinum Boys retained better possession in the opening minutes but failed to break beyond as Highlanders drew back and relied much counter attacks.

The first raid came in the 3rd minute but Dube failed to keep his effort low as it went over the bar. The striker was again at the end of a quick build-up a few moments later, but this time his shot was parried away for a corner-kick by goalkeeper Wallace Magalane.

It did not last long until Highlanders got the breakthrough after Lawrence Mhlanga handled inside the box to concede a penalty. Dube stepped up and converted the spot-kick in the 11th minute.

FC Platinum tried to respond but things took another nasty turn at their end when Denzel Khumalo fired home from outside the box to double Tshilamoya’s lead on minute 25.

The game produced little action for the remainder of the first-half with Highlanders going to the break leading 2-0.

The second half saw the Platinum Boys taking the game to Bosso in first moments as they got two free-kicks in promising positions. However, only one set-piece brought little trouble to Ariel Sibanda who tipped it over in the 49th minute .

FC Platinum’s problems were further compounded after Mhlanga received his second booking on the hour.

The expulsion affected Lizwe Sweswe’s charges who were mounting pressure in hope of reducing the deficit.

Makanda killed the contest in the 88th minute following a swift move by Dube.

The result, meanwhile, saw Highlanders reaching the semifinals for the first time in five years.

Elsewhere, ZPC Kariba came from behind to knockout debutants Manica Diamonds on a 2-1 scoreline at Vengere Stadium.

Stanely Ngala opened the scoring for the Gem Boys in the 13th minute but his strike was cancelled out by Godknows Gwara just after the half-hour.

James Marufu converted from the spot two minutes before the break to put Kariba in the lead for the first time in the game.

Manica had a late chance to level terms but Takunda Jeffrey blew the opportunity after missing a penalty in the 85th minute following a handball by Marufu inside the box.

FC Platinum 0-3 Highlanders
ZPC Kariba 2-1 Manica Diamonds