Barcelona forward Lionel Messi won the Ballon d’Or 2019 for a record sixth time at an award ceremony held at the Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris, France on Monday night.
Messi beat Liverpool defender Virgil Van Dijk who finished second and third-placed Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo.
Liverpool’s Allison Becker, received the the Yashin trophy for best goalkeeper of the year while Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt won the Kopa Trophy.
Here is the list of all winners:
Best keeper award – Yachine Trophy
1. Alisson (Liverpool)
Ter Stegen (Barcelona).
3. Ederson (Manchester City).
The Kopa Trophy (Presented to the best performing player under the age of 21)
1. Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
2. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund),
3. Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid).
Ballon d’Or – Women:
1. Megan Rapinoe (USA/Reign FC)
2. Lucy Bronze(ENG/Lyon)
3. Alex Morgan (USA/Orlando Pride).
Ballon d’Or – Men
1. Leo Messi (Barcelona)
2. Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)