Two candidates will contest to replace Phillip Chiyangwa as the COSAFA president at the Elective Annual General Assembly set for Mbabane, Eswatini, on 19 December 2021.
The Member Associations will vote for a new administration at the congress, and Chiyangwa will not seek a second term. The Harare businessman assumed the office in December 2016 unopposed to replace Suketu Patel.
His seat will be contested by Angola Football Federation president Artur de Almeida e Silva and South African Football Association boss Danny Jordaan. Comoros Football Federation’s Said Ali Said Athouman will stand unopposed for the position of Vice-President.
Seven candidates will go head-to-head for the five positions as ordinary members of the Executive Committee, and no Zimbabwean will contest.
LIST OF CANDIDATES FOR 2021 COSAFA ELECTIVE ANNUAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY
For the position of PRESIDENT
1. Artur de Almeida E SILVA – Angola
2. Daniel JORDAAN – South Africa
For the position of VICE-PRESIDENT
1. Said Ali Said ATHOUMAN – Comoros
For the position of ORDINARY MEMBER (FIVE)
1. Timothy Shongwe– Eswatini
2. Ranga HAIKALI – Namibia
3. P Marshlow MOTLOGELWA – Botswana
4. Andrew KAMANGA – Zambia
5. Ria LEDWABA – South Africa
6. Brenda KUNDA – Zambia
7. Solondranja MAHATOVO – Madagascar
* At least one position must be filled by a woman.